Tuesday, July 10, 2018

What are some creative ways some people use math in daily life?

Creative can be a matter of perspective.  I have used it directly to figure out if I should get an annual fee at a public golf course or get an annual.I use it to approximate what miles per gallon my car is getting.  Where, then, from that, I can figure out how much gas I've used and, then, how much gas I have left before I "really have to" get some gas.I've heard of it used to help find criminals.  Something about taking reports of the sightings of the person around town, putting "assigned" values of them from a certain point.  This process can assist the police in narrowing down what areas of town to search for a suspect.  The former TV show "NUMB3RS" was famous for showing a bunch of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the fact that the Americans are helping the Russians important?

In the late author Tom Clancy’s first novel, The Hunt for Red October, the assistance rendered to the Russians by the United States is impor...